Published on May 10th, 2013 | by Thomas0
Developing an App – What does it Cost?
An explosion is being witnessed in the app development market, with apps for the Android and the Blackberry and all other mobiles. Apps can help increase the traffic to your site and, thereby, the revenue.
Kinds of Apps
Though you might find Apple grouping apps into categories, such as sports, games, food and so on, you can basically classify them according to their functionalities:
- Basic Table -This app is easy to develop and can be used for showing basic information.
- Customized or Driven by Database- If you have a lot of content, this type of app can be used for parsing it imaginatively.
- Apps for Games – You can create a simple one or a more complex one, in case of racing games with high speeds.
- Making changes to Hardware of Device, such as adding filters to camera pictures.
- Dynamic Applications – such as Twitter, dependent on external information.
- Customized apps, such as Adobe Ideas or Numbers app.
How to Develop an App
It basically consists of four steps: Conceiving the idea; planning the layout; designing the app; and then bringing it live.
- The basic idea – You can search the app store for the type of app you want.
- Studying the Layout – Go through the details of the app and the interaction, the steps, the scenario involved in the app and assess the functionality.
- Get a Designer – You need to team of designers, such as professionals in graphics, print and so on for creating the app with the tabs, the icons etc.
- Go into Action – For an iPhone app, you need to set up an iTunes account for connecting and give the details along with the price and so on.
Cost of iPhone Apps
Costs depend on the device for which you are developing the app, such as the basic iPhone or the iPad and so on. For the basic app, the cost could be around $1000 to $4000 for offering content, direction, and graphics, with additional costs in case of integrating social media or GPS locators and so on. The Database App will be around $8000 to $50,000, offering the content, image and so on along with logic creating and the usability. Games apps could cost anywhere from $10,000 to $250,000, as the code, hooking into Game Center and integration with online users is expensive.
- Purchase of in-app: Users can purchase complete versions, costing around $1000 to $3000.
- Web service can cost around $1000 to $5000 for easy updating of the app.
- Hooking to Game Center for $1000 using SDK for integration.
- Sharing with Social media at $500 to %1500.
Costs for Designing Apps for iPhone
Create a good design with a professional web designer. You can purchase of suite for the app designs with the necessary icons and tabs. If the app is for iPhone alone, the cost could be around $500 to $10,000 for a basic design. For iPhone 4 compatibility, an additional 25% cost has to be incurred. For the iPad, add 50% to the cost. You need to pay Apple 30% of each sale and $99 a year. You can get firms to make apps for you at $1000 or less and then market it.